Tool Kit Contents in an Advance-Design Truck
What tools came with a 1949 Chevy truck, besides the jack? Where and how were they stored?
I’m taking this from the Chevy specs for my ’47, but I believe it applies for all AD models. The tools included with the 3100 were:
– jack…2,500 pound capacity, raised height = 15 1/2″…lowered height 6 1/2″
– tire changing iron….with RPO 273 (RPO = regular production option)
– wrenches….spark plug, wheel, open end (3)
– pliers…combination 6″
– screw driver….round shank…5 1/4″
– hammer….ball peen…10 ounce
– tool bag….cotton duck material (held all the tools).
All the tools were stored under the seat.